Hello Sunshine! Well, I don’t mind telling you that I am the annoying baby sister! My brother and I are only a year and a 1/2 apart so we always played toys together as kids. The neighborhood kid and my brother always picked on us little kids because we were smaller. I always followed my brother along because I wanted to be ‘cool’ and he always let me because he wanted me to stay out of trouble.
When we visit my brother who is now a single father of my 2 nephews he was telling them the story of how I would always take his Star Wars play lands and play with my Barbies in them. I can remember playing in some Ice castle as if it was Barbies cool ‘All white modern’ home. Even then I was a bit trendy. When my nephews heard the story they were just laughing thinking how bad they felt for my brother! They are very polite though. They said, “Excuse me, but that sounds really bad.” At least he said excuse me? Well, We are going to make slime when they are here!
The classic is always slime. You have probably made it before, if not try it out. I always love to make the slime and say~ similar to family~ no matter how much you pull it apart, it gets back together, like when they fly back to Seattle, they are still family and we will always be together. I like that each of us can make our favorite color and of course, the boys would never make pink, they need me around for that!
You only need a few items to make the science slime:
- 1 Cup Elmer’s School Glue
- 1 teaspoon Boorax (in the laundry detergent department)
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- Assorted Food Color of Your Preference
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- Zipper Bags for Storage of Science Slime
- Mix together the cold water, glue, & your preferred food coloring. (I Chose Pink)
- In a Mixing Cup or Small Bowl, mix together the Hot water & Borax, until the borax is Completely dissolved.
- Slowly add Borax mixture to the Glue Mixture, mix well. Pour off excess water, if any. You will notice the slime begin to form. Perfect lesson for the kiddos!
Super easy peasy right? Well, it is! And it is fun to make with the kids. They love seeing how it forms to a solid ball of slime right before their eyes. I have made this with kids that we had over some of my sons friends and maybe now my nephews will make it with their friends.
One things for sure, Barbie and my toy Mini Coopers will be playing with pink slime with my nephews! I have to be their lovable Auntie that girls everything up! I hope you get to make slime soon.
Thanks for sharing &
Lots of Love,